Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Review: This Strange and Familiar Place

This Strange and Familiar Place This Strange and Familiar Place by Rachel Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Montauk Project id responsible for the disappearance of two of Lydia's family members and now they are coming for her.

It was interesting to me how Lydia could go back into her life even though it was not really the one she remembered it being. As I was reading the beginning I realized how depressing and heartbreaking it would have to be to live your life as if nothing had changed yet at the same time everything did.

I liked how the readers got to see more of Wes' story when they traveled back to the 1980s. I did not like the era as much as with the 1940s but it did help to move the plot along. I liked how we got to meet some of Wes' friends that he used to know and how they further 'humanized' him for me and Lydia.

The ending was just stunning!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment